Sunday 22 April 2012

Writing Box

I bought an antique writing box from eBay, after an evening of arguing with Tom over the layout of the flat and the lack of a table.  To be fair, the flat is so small that a table would be wildly impractical, and in theory the writing box will give me a nice sloped surface to write on.  In practice I am waiting on Tom to make a repair to one of the wooden panels that make up the writing surface before I begin to use it as I don't want to stress the panels or the leather.


I am mostly happy with the writing box, but slightly disappointed by the lack of secret drawer - the description on eBay was not a full one.


Still, its a solid box, and I believe I got my moneys worth. The next step is to get it repaired and start using it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem: The British Dilemma

Frost rimes the grass Breath clouds, visible Am I a dragon? Or a puffing train? I selfishly guard my mug Hoarding the warmth Shivering...