Tuesday 20 March 2012

Bike Racks

It is a continual source of frustration to me that Crawley has intermittent bike paths simply everywhere, and yet I still ended up locking my bike to a lamp post outside the doctors surgery today.  The other thing that annoys me is the bike path along Northgate Avenue continues to the front of the old library, and then mysteriously vanishes.  You have to navigate a very big roundabout and a busy road, before it picks up again, going the wrong way down a one way street.  Why it doesn't continue on down the front of the Town Hall?  The pavement's more than wide enough!  They even put down fresh tarmac recently, so why not paint a white line down the middle, rather than forcing cyclists to either dodge daydreaming pedestrians or tangle with some frankly rather scary drivers during the Saturday shopping rush.


The good news is that they've finally finished the external refurbish of Gales Drive shops, and they have now put the bike racks back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem: The British Dilemma

Frost rimes the grass Breath clouds, visible Am I a dragon? Or a puffing train? I selfishly guard my mug Hoarding the warmth Shivering...