Tuesday 20 March 2012

Beginnings...

Beginnings are generally considered to be a sensible place to start, but when you are dealing with the internet, I'm not sure I really want to start from the very beginning of my life.  I'm not really sure what I want this blog to say about myself, but I know that academically this is a good place to start if a person wishes, like me, to become a writer.  It's a way of connecting with the readers, whom at this moment consist of two old university friends and my parents.  (Those who read my fanfiction, much as I love them and treasure their input, don't count).  Actually, that may be an unfair statement, as I truely believe that writing fanfiction has made me a better writer overall, and those who have chosen to give me feedback to help me improve my writing should surely be acknowledged.

Now I think I might be being a little too philosophical for a first post.

Re-reading the first sentance, I am not sure that my statement, that I wish to 'become' a writer is correct either.  I am already a writer.  It is one of the ways I define myself - as I also define myself buy my love of cats, my hobby of winding coloured wool into wierd and wonderful shapes and patterns, and my tendency to ride my bicycle.  I write, therefore I am a writer.  I am also both a published and a self published writer.  So far I have made more from the published, although as I never managed to actually put my cheque into the bank, it is more of a symbolic victory.  Still, it happened.  My short story was chosen, and the anthology 'Never Hit By Lightning' is up for sale, and achieved a favourable review on Literature and Latte.

Now, I begin a blog and offer my thoughts and feelings on life to the world for their perusal and discussion.  If you think about it, the internet is pretty terrifying.

To life, to life, l'chaim!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem: The British Dilemma

Frost rimes the grass Breath clouds, visible Am I a dragon? Or a puffing train? I selfishly guard my mug Hoarding the warmth Shivering...